The Weiss Advice Masterclass in Los Angeles
The idea that I’m contributing to someone else’s success is what gets me out of bed in the morning.
When people hit me up and say “I landed this placement,” or “I love the way my record sounds,” or “I just nailed my first engineering gig” and follow it up with “your tutorials helped me do that” — that feeling of satisfaction is what drives me.
That’s what keeps bringing me back to the table to write a new article. Or film a new video. Or devise a new way to provide you with a means of bettering your music.
With all that said, it should be no surprise that I’ve wanted to do classes in person for a long time. I mean, I have done a fair number of classes in person, but I’ve wanted it to be on my own terms.
And now I can.
My ideal class is structured like this:
1. An all day class with no more than five people in attendance. I want enough time to really dedicate individual attention to each person attending. I want enough people where we can learn from everyone else and network, but few enough people where we can open up a session you are working on and spend an hour digging into it. Five feels like the right number.
2. A commercial facility with great monitoring, a comfortable environment, and the means to set up your session through either my rig or your own.
3. A price point that is accessible. One of the logistical hangups has always been making the class readily affordable.
4. Attendees leave with something tangible. Something completed or near completed, presets designed around their own music, discounts on further material from sponsors, etc.
5. The class is reoccurring.
This is Weiss Advice
Weiss Advice is an in-person masterclass in North Hollywood, CA on the first Saturday of every month (starting December 3rd!).
The price to attend is $250 for a full day. We work on your music.
Missing our best stuff?
Sign up to be the first to learn about new tutorials, sales, giveaways and more.