16 Free Resources for Learning to Use Compression
Here’s a quick roundup of some of our most popular articles and videos on mixing with compression.
- Tips for Visualizing Compression
- 3 Ways to Use Multiband Compression in a Mix
- 2 Effective Ways to Use Parallel Compression
- Mixing Rap Vocals — Part 3: Compression
- 5 Effective Ways to Use Compression
- How Compression Affects the Timbre of a Sound
- How Compression Affects Harmonic Distortion
- The Basics of Audio Compression
- Why Use Multiband Compression?
- Compression 101: What is Knee?
- Analyzing Effects: Compression Plugins
- How to Enhance a Drum Mix with Buss Compression
- How to Manipulate Attack and Sustain with Parallel Compression
- Tips for Using Compressors for Tone and Color in a Mix
- How to Use Compression to Increase Perceived Intensity
- 3 Techniques for Compressing an Acoustic Snare Drum
- The Differences Between Compression Release Curves
If you want to learn how to get a better mix by manipulating shape, tone and dynamics, check out Mixing with Compression from Matthew Weiss. Also our new Multiband Compression Workshop is available now.
Missing our best stuff?
Sign up to be the first to learn about new tutorials, sales, giveaways and more.