Mixing Home Recordings teaches you:
Huge Electric Guitars
Learn how to evaluate and mix multiple guitar captures to get a huge sound that adds impact and power to a mix while complimenting the bass guitar.
Learn tips, tricks and techniques for getting a massive hard-hitting drum sound by manipulating phase, tone, shape and dynamics.
Powerful Low End
Learn how to get a clear, defined separation between kick, bass and other elements to get a powerful low end that moves the listener and translates well across various playback systems.
Effective Stereo Imaging
Use various plugins to improve the phase alignment, dynamics, imaging and tone to create a full and balanced stereo image within your mix.
Learn to identify and fix common critical issues found in home studio recordings so you can achieve the best possible sound regardless of "limiting" circumstances.
Preparing for Mastering
Learn how to evaluate your mix, achieve competitive loudness without destroying dynamics, and set yourself up to get the most out of mastering, whether with a professional or a robot.
Great Sounding Vocals
Learn a variety of techniques for dynamic, EQ and time-based processing to ensure your vocal is the memorable star of a song. Demonstrated on four drastically different vocal captures.
Use tools like transient designers and compressors to shape your drum sound and add punch, impact and excitement into your mix.
Master Buss Processing
Matthew takes the mystery out of mix buss processing, teaching you tips, techniques and approaches for adding loudness and increasing cohesion within your mix.
Ambience and Vibe
Use reverb, delay, distortion and other fun effects in non-traditional ways to create the perfect vibe and ambience for your song.
We teach you how to mix your song for vibe with the characteristics of various genres in mind, including Hard Rock, Indie-Pop, Indie-Rock and Hip-Hop.
Bonus: Indie-Rock Mixthru
For a limited time, we're also including a FREE Indie-Rock Mixthru, a start to finish mix using primarily stock plugins with a song recorded in a living room.
What customers are saying:
@WeissSound shout to Matthew for his awesome Mixing with Reverb course that is helping me overcome my weak point.— Adam Ford Synth (@Akacyber) October 10, 2017
Just finished @WeissSound's Mixing With Compression tutorial...mind blown.— Christopher Bell (@thechrisbell) February 20, 2015
@quiztones Hey Dan. I've just had a quick watch of the mixing with compression. It has opened my ears (and eyes) up to so much more. Cheers— John Wright (@jdubya76_gtr) March 19, 2014
Not the type of guy to really use my page to endorse things but @proaudiofiles "Mixing Hip-Hop" tutorials have helped incredibly.— Jay The Greater (@Jay_The_Greater) January 12, 2016
@WeissSound Lots of respect from a Philly musician! Learning a lot from your videos.— Joe Maysky (@Joe_Maysky) May 18, 2015
@WeissSound love your tutorials, just started mixing & learned a ton from PAfiles & the mixing hiphop videos. Next I'm getting the comp vids— braillehiphop (@braillehiphop) April 14, 2014
@WeissSound Thx for all the info you provide, last week i've purchased the mixing hiphop courses it's very dope !— Supa LO Beatz (@SupaLoBeatz) March 12, 2015
@WeissSound Love your tuts on mixing. Gained a lot of knowledge.— HeronDemarco (@HeronDemarco) February 5, 2014
What's it all about?
Whether you're a home studio musician mixing your own songs, or a professional mix engineer mixing for a client, we'll teach you tips, tricks and techniques for getting the best possible sound out of your home studio recordings.
We'll teach you techniques to improve the quality of your mixes, including how to effectively use EQ, Compression, Distortion, Reverb, Delay & more to manipulate shape, tone and dynamics, so you can bring your music to life.
The course dives into three genres: Hard Rock, Indie-Pop & Hip-Hop. You'll also get a FREE bonus start-to-finish Indie-Rock Mixthru featuring a song recorded in a living room that Matthew mixes in real time using mostly stock plugins.
What You'll Learn ...
- Identify and fix issues wrecking havoc on your home recordings
- Tips and techniques to drastically improve your drum mixes
- Enhance vocals with EQ, compression, effects and more
- Create vibey ambience with reverb, delay, distortion & more
- Use compression, EQ & more to get a hard-hitting drum sound
- How to check and fix various phase cancellation issues
- Tips and techniques for effective master buss processing
- Compression techniques to manipulate shape, tone & dynamics
- Use automation to breathe life and excitement into your mix
- Learn how to evaluate and mix vocals in four different genres
- Get the best sound out of multi-mic electric guitar captures
- Tips for using EQ to fix problems and enhance the overall mix
- A quick trick that will instantly make your chorus sound huge
- Tips for effectively blending electric guitar and bass guitar
- Effectively differentiate and mix powerful background vocals
- Manipulate mic bleed without using a noise gate or strip silence
- A fun trick for using transient designers on electric guitar
- Utilize strategic clipping to enhance the energy of a snare drum
- Create a rhythmic push-pull energy to add excitement to drums
- Effectively manipulate the stereo image of your room captures
- Tips and Techniques for getting a huge bass guitar sound
- Compression ear training to help you hear attack times
- Use transient designers to add impact and punch to a mix
- A quick trick for figuring out the best drum panning placement
- Tips for balancing drum overheads for a better stereo image
- Multitracks included so you can practice alongside the course
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
We're confident these videos will help you, but we want you to be absolutely satisfied. If within 30 days you’re unhappy for any reason, email us and we’ll give you a full refund — no questions asked.
Mixing Home Recordings
- Free Indie-Rock Mixthru
Home Recording + Essentials
- Mixing Home Recording
- Mixing with Compression & EQ
- Drum + Multiband Compression
- Mixing with Reverb
- FREE Indie-Rock Mixthru
- $375 Total Value
All tutorials (40+ Hours)
Home Recording + Mixthru
- Mixing Home Recordings
- Hip-Hop Mixthru (x2)
- Pop + Funk Mixthru
- Indie-Rock Mixthru
- EDM Mixthru
- $297 Total Value
As featured on:
Is the course only for Pro Tools?
Nope! While Matthew mixes in Pro Tools, the processes he teaches are completely independent of any one particular DAW and will apply to Logic, Ableton, Cubase, Reaper, Fruity Loops, Studio One and other similar platforms.
Do I need to own specific plugins?
Nope! Regardless of specific plugins or gear the techniques are demonstrated on, Matthew teaches it conceptually so you can apply it to whatever gear you're working with for any situation you're in.
What genres are featured in the course?
The course features multiple genres including Hard Rock, Indie-Rock, Indie-Pop and Hip-Hop. As with all of Matthew's courses, the techniques, strategies and mindsets will easily apply to all genres.
Do you have any special offers?
Yes! To celebrate the launch, we're offering Mixing Home Recordings at an introductory sale price and also including a free Indie-Rock Mixthru ($40 value). If you already own that Mixthru, feel free to email us and request a different one.